Monday, January 23, 2012

I made a sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free chocolate slice!

Yes, a sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free chocolate slice. Oh my, it is delicious!

I love reading my friend, Amy's blog The Spice Of Life and recently she shared her dairy-free, sugar-free chocolate slice recipe

I wasn't sure if I'd like it as Amy says "If you are a normal, chocolate eating person, you will hate this..." but I am one of these people and I loved it!

Here is the recipe. Please try it.

Amy's "I Can't Believe it's not Chocolate" Slice Recipe

Ingredients 

200g raw cacao
80g goji berries
150g raw mixed nuts
120g sultanas
50ml Manuka honey
80ml coconut oil
1tbsp boiling water

Method

Process dry ingredients as finely as you can.
Add honey, oil and water.
Process to combine and pour into a 20cm, lined, cake tin.
Refrigerate 4 hours to set and cut into bite sized pieces. Keep in refrigerator.

I used normal honey, and I didn't have any raw cacoa so I used powdered cocoa (I just used less). Mine looked a bit different to Amy's but I think this came down to my food processor. Whatever - it was delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah... I almost forgot... I used maccadamia oil instead of coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum's questions:
    Q: How much cocoa powder did you use? I used about 100g.
    A: I really want to try Raw though.

    Q: Could I substiture Goji berries cranberries do you think?
    A: You could I guess. Maybe try a mix of cranberries and dried banana...? Goji berries kind of remind me of dried banana in taste but are different in texture. As well as being said to have 500 times more vitamin C per ounce than oranges, Goji are also a rich source of both selenium and germanium and have hence been used in a number of clinical trials involving cancer patients. If you can, get Goji Berries.

    ReplyDelete