Sunday, January 22, 2012

Keeping dogs out of the garden

I was sooo sick of working hard on my garden and then having my two diggingest-dogs dig it all up and eat all my plants, some of which travelled 1000km's in the car with me to get to my garden!

I have tried everything to keep them out, but nothing works on these little MacGyver's. So I bought an electric fence. Installing it was very easy and it looks neat and tidy. And no digging! The only problem is I feel horrible and mean doing that to the dogs. But I figure, they will only go there once, right.

We were sitting outside when Peppa attempted to get into the garden, and... my heart broke to watch her get zapped. BUT... she has never been back! I'm not sure if Sunny has had a go yet, but I'm assuming she has as my vegies are all untouched!

Peppa and Sunny sitting in front of the new 'don't go there' fence! See, dogs and garden can co-exist!


No comments:

Post a Comment